Mindfulness. Presence. Being. How can these precious things be attained? These are 9 tips that you can practice every day to be more present.
1. Be appreciative: In order to appreciate something, you must be present.
2. Let go of worry: Why worry about the future when you don't yet have the power to change it?
3. Don't dwell on the past: Ruminating on the past will keep you from appreciating the present moment.
4. Practice rituals: Yoga, meditation, intention setting - commit to your rituals, whatever they may be, and you'll see a direct correlation to your mindfulness and presence.
5. Forgive: Just another step to letting go of the past.
6. Be optimistic: Smile! Do a good deed! See the glass half-full! If all you have is this moment, make it the best one it can be.
7. Practice minimalism: Let go of the excess in order to truly appreciate what you have.
8. Listen: Listening to yourself and others is one of the greatest forms of being mindful and exercising complete presence.
9. Focus on your breath: When you've lost your way, return to your breath, and you'll return to yourself.