Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!! Happy Chinese New Year!!!
2018 is the year of the Yang Earth Dog which happens to be the gentlest of all Dog years. YAY!!! As if we don’t need just that at this very moment…
This soothing year will awaken our intuition, it will nourish our loyalty, increase our generosity, and strengthen friendship bonds. Much like our four-legged companions, our celestial calendar is marking a time for trust.
So, starting on Friday, February 16, let’s celebrate the new year with great food (fish is said to bring profits), friends, and family. There are a number of ways to take part in Chinese New Year traditions. These are a few of our favorites...
1. Pass out little red envelopes with a bit of cash, it doesn’t have to be much, but it is a fun way to share a little moolah with your friends…
2. Eat Mandarin oranges to bring good fortune.
3. Take the time to clean house. Don’t wait until spring - be ruthless and toss-out or give away all that stuff that is cluttering your life.
4. Wear something new in these first few days of the lunar new year. What BuDhaGirl doesn’t like that?
5. How about starting a new tradition too, like sharing All Weather Bangles with your nearest and dearest?
Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous Year of the Dog!